Atlanta School of Oriental Medicine
We are pleased to announce the opening of Atlanta School of Oriental Medicine (ASOM) starting January 1, 2014. ASOM is Atlanta’s first independent academy dedicated to the study of Oriental Medicine.
ASOM’s cutting edge curriculums are designed to answer the growing needs and interests of students in the healing power of Oriental Medicine. The school will provide comprehensive programs in the various fields of holistic health including Herbology (both Western and Eastern), Acupuncture, Qi Emission Therapy, Tuina, Cupping, Moxibustion, Far Infrared Therapies, Essential Oils, Mind-body practices and much more.
ASOM will hire instructors who count on both academic knowledge and substantial hands-on experience to ensure that graduates obtain the highest education possible in Oriental Medicine.
ASOM aspires to become a fully accredited Acupuncture university and will begin offering programs which satisfy credentialing requirements from organizations such as the NCCAOM and AOBTA. The process of credentialing takes several years and so this is just the beginning!
Peyton Young is leading the development of ASOM in all areas. He is in charge of the accreditation process and researching program requirements for National standards. He is available to answer any questions you might have regarding current programs and new options for 2014.
Students who are currently enrolled in the following programs offered by The Rising Lotus Qigong will automatically be transferred to ASOM:
- Medical Qigong Practitioner (MQP)
- Medical Qigong Therapist (MQT)
- Masters Medical Qigong (MMQ)
The requirements to obtain certificates at each of these levels remain the same until currently enrolled students complete their programs. All newly enrolled students (starting January 1, 2014) will enter new programs with details to be disclosed in January.
The Rising Lotus Qigong is aligning its services to better support students interested in qigong as a movement practice. The Rising Lotus Qigong Studios will continue to offer qigong movement classes and services to the public, and Qigong Instructor Certification programs.
How this may affect you:
If you are a current student of Medical Qigong Therapy programs:
- On January 1, 2014, you will automatically be transferred over to Atlanta School of Oriental Medicine.
- All currently enrolled MQP students will see no changes in certificate requirements.
- The MQT program being offered in August 2014 for the MQP students who are in process now, will enjoy the same format and requirements as currently described on the website.
- Students interested in the MMQ program starting February 2014, will see no changes in curriculum or teaching format. In other words, classes will be taught as described currently on the website.
- New students who enroll in ASOM programs in 2014 will see significant changes.
If you are a current student of Qigong Instructor programs:
- Nothing changes, you will remain enrolled with The Rising Lotus Qigong.
- Stay tuned for many exciting changes in 2014!!!
If you have any questions, please contact Peyton Young at 678-696-1510 or Peyton@asomedu.com