Qigong Instructor Certification Level 1
Welcome to the Qigong Instructor Certification Course as offered by The Rising Lotus Qigong.
2017 Class Dates Below
Companies are hiring Qigong Instructors!!
Health studios, hospitals, wellness centers, yoga studios across the World are hiring qigong instructors!! With the field of qigong growing by leaps and bounds, you can't miss this opportunity to catch the wave while it's still building. The Rising Lotus Qigong is dedicated to making you one of the best prepared qigong instructors in the country. We train new instructors from the "ground up", providing you with detailed lessons on correct posture, great qigong form and everything you need to run a successful qigong practice. We are happy to pass on our years of experience in martial arts, Chinese Medicine and fitness to make YOU a qualified Qigong instructor.
This is a comprehensive 100 hour course that will prepare you for teaching qigong to groups and individuals. Certified Instructors through this program will be listed on our website and given referrals for classes.
The curriculum includes Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theories, meridian theory, energetic anatomy, western anatomy and business essentials such as advertising, liability concerns and ethics.
Definition and history of Qigong
Energetic Anatomy and Physiology
5 Element Theory
Meridian theory and location
Location of major acupuncture points
3 Components of Qigong
Setting up and creating a qigong routine
Principles of structure
General contraindications to Qigong
20 Qigong Movements - including the "8 Pieces of Brocade" set
Marketing and advertising advice
Liability and insurance issues
This course's content is covered in 4 weekend trainings and will include individual self study and practice.
- Weekend 1 - August 12 & 13, 2017
- Weekend 2 - September 2 & 3, 2017 *Labor Day Weekend
- Weekend 3 - October 7 & 8, 2017
- Weekend 4 - November 4 & 5, 2017
Tuition Payment and Options:
- Tuition is $899 for the full program for 2017
- Payment option #1 - 1 payment of $899
- Payment option #2 - 2 payments of $470
- Payment option #3 - 4 payments of $250
- Non-refundable deposit of $100 to reserve your space. If for any reason you are not able to attend, you may transfer your deposit to another student. Or have it applied towards another course or class.
- ** There are no refunds after the course begins **
- A copy of the course study guide.
- Instructor listing on website as certified instructor
Scholarship & Discounted Tuition Programs
- 1 scholarship for 50% reduction on tuition
- 50% discount for The Rising Lotus Qigong graduates. In other words, if you've already been certified through us either as a Qigong Instructor (CQI) or Qigong Therapist (either as a MQP or MQT).
Deadline for Registration & Application for Scholarship
- A registration form must be submitted along with $100 deposit
- Scholarship applications are currently closed.
Course Information (PDF): (Click to open)
- Is it too late to register? Nope! Registration is open until the first day of class.
- Is the course suitable for beginners? Yes! This course is designed to guide even the most novice student through the fundamentals of qigong. No matter what your current level of experience, by the time we're finished you will have a good understanding of the basics of teaching a class.
- What if I'm not interested in doing this as a profession? No problem. Many of our students go through the class for their own personal development. You are welcome to participate at any level you desire. Of course, in all honesty, we've had students say they are not interested in teaching but by the time they finish are inspired to bring the message of qigong to their local community.
- I'm not really "into" the business side of the class, is this a big portion of the teaching? Great question! Actually, it's not, we focus a lot on the movements and theory of qigong. The marketing class is a small segment designed to discover more about what motivates YOU to learn and/or teach qigong. And actually, we've seen some surprising results from this part of the class!!
- What if I can't make all the classes? Sure, we understand that life happens! So, you are required to complete at least 80% of the training in person to qualify for a certificate. If you are unable to make the minimum, you can schedule a make-up class at an additional cost.
- I have a strong back-ground in qigong from other teachers, can I be "credited" for that knowledge? Not at this time. We have seen a lot of discrepancies among students and we are committed to ensuring two major things for our graduates: safety and authentic basic knowledge. Therefore, to be certified students must complete our 100 hour course.
- Why do you think that this "very short" course is enough to make me qualified to teach? The bottom line is this: we believe that the world is a better place when more people practice qigong. If you are feeling great and your health is good, then you are a blessing to our community. Think about it, happy people make happy, healthy choices- unhappy people spread negativity... So, we want you to get involved, learn the basics and teach at your level when you're done. We totally get that this is a process that can span a lifetime, but that should never be a reason to "not do it". Our graduates know that our motto is "Just show up"... the rest will happen naturally.
- Have other questions not addressed here? Send us an email email@example.com