What is Qigong Meditation Training?
Qigong Meditation Training develops the very important skill of mindfulness. Mindfulness is the often hidden key that reveals the depth to which you can experience life and your Qigong practice. It all begins with exercises that reveal the nurturing qualities of earth. Next are exercises in connecting to the expansiveness of heaven. Finally culminating in combination to bring balance and harmony revealing the oneness of self and other. This new awareness you develop can extend into many aspects of life creating a more significant experience of your life, a unification of life action.
Why Qigong Meditation?
Meditation involves the cultivation of mindfulness and the development of balanced emotions in order that we may live more engaged and fulfilled lives. This leads ultimately to a profound change in our relationship with the world around us.
Meditating has been shown to have many medical and psychological benefits including:
- Promoting a sense of well-being
- Boosting the immune system
- Promoting the development of cortical matter in the brain
- Slowing of aging
The term meditation encompasses many techniques that facilitate the the cultivation of:
- One-pointed concentration
- A sense of well-being
- Insight into the nature of reality
What Types of Qigong Meditation are there?
Because there are many different faculties or qualities that can be developed, there are many different types of meditation practice, each with a specific purpose. Qigong Meditation begins with the fundamentals to create the “ground of awakening” to more advanced and specific meditations.
- Guided Imagery
- Creating Space
Join Peyton for an 8 week journey into your personal meditation practice Starting September 2cd, 2020!
More Course Information:
- This course is open to all levels
- This will be a online virtual class using ZOOM as the meeting space
- Classes start at 6 pm EST on September 3rd, 2020 and meet every Thursday for 8 weeks
- Class length will be 1 to 1.5 hours depending on number of participants
- Once you register you will receive a ZOOM meeting invitation to connect to the class each week
- Class format will be a weekly introduction, a specific guided meditation practice, releasing of tension exercises and Q and A
- Cost is $100.00
- There are no refunds on tuition after the course begins