Rising Sun Qigong is a bridge between Qigong and Hatha Yoga. Based in Hatha Yoga’s sun salutation, we activate the nurturing qualities of our body by gently stretching to awaken and revitalize our muscles and tissues. The focus is on the breath as a guide for our timing of each movement. In this way we listen to our body to tell us when to initiate that next change. This short but effective form has been designed to allow all persons to experience a strong connection of body and mind.
- 10 easy to remember movements
- Can be repeated for a longer practice as needed
- Can be performed from a chair or exercise ball
- Inherent meditative component
- Great for persons of any age!